Monday, September 21, 2009

Night pics

Well only birds dont play truant. Went at night wishing for some moon pics. But yes the moon was absent. Being a day after the Eid, I was expecting a nice slice of moon but I guess due to clouds got nothing! Well anyways here are some pics that I took while trying out the night capabilities of my camera. Landscape mode for night sucks. So had to go manual. As is given all over the net (and which I found out later) z980 is good enough for high ISO settings. And in smart mode it chooses high ISO. So instead of high ISO in manual mode I opted for slower shutter speeds (was written as 6" - wonder what it menas) but took about 3-4 seconds of shutter spped (was trying to hear shutter open and close by keeping my ear close to the camera!). Obviously with such shutter speeds I was using the tripod without which all I would have got is a set of blurry pics!




The view which I have taken many times during the day now taken @ night. Mind you its 9:30 pm pitch dark and no flash (obviously no flash for landscapes).


A little darker pic of my street.


No mood so had to be content with a star :P



The first pic is in manual mode, second one in the night landscape mode provided by Kodak guys! You can be your own judge as to which one is better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments


Stats