http://www.thehindu.com/2008/08/04/stories/2008080453130700.htm
The above link is quite an interesting article. Indian Government is demeaning 16 crores for 15 dead labourers. Their death was due to negligent attitude of a private firm.
But from what I remember after reading so many newspapers till date, many deaths occur in India both cause of negligence of Government and private firms but nowhere the compensation provided is more then 5-6 lakhs. Never has the compensation package been anywhere near 1 crore.
I am not saying that India should demand less but I think that compensation policy for deaths due to Government negligence should also be more. I don't know the amount cause life cant be valued but it should not be as lowly as 5 lakhs.
Second-year student of North Campus alleges stalking and harassment;
23-year-old man booked
-
On Tuesday, police registered a case against a 23-year-old man for stalking
and harassing a Second-Year student of North Campus over the past three
month...
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment