Sunday, August 3, 2008

The linux shift

These days around me I am seeing a lot of linux converts (I myself was one a few months back but these days am now back to Windows). They are not full converts cause most of them are just installing linux and hardly ever using it, buts its a step forward (backward maybe :) ).
All of them are switching to fedora which sucks according to me (even though I am a windows fan but in linux i prefer fedora..maybe coz i am only familiar with fedora..watever).
Even guys like dohte and my roomie have installed or trying to (godspeed) install it (though I know that after installing they wont use it for more than 10 hours total).
Obivously installing linux takes it toll (like crashed hard disks, missing drives..for more details ask dohte) but they are still putting up a brave front (that would continue as long as CS works).
Well lets see whether its just a passing phase (herd mentality) or guys are really getting serious about work (not possible).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments


Stats