Friday, May 1, 2009

Summers with GSoC

Although its a little old news but writing just for the sake of writing. I was selected for Google Summer of Code 2009. This took away the burden of intern away from me (which I was not getting anyways). So well my work would be working for the development of SIP Communicator which is an instant messenger that supports multiple protocols. For this Google would be paying me cool 4500$ (only if I complete the work which shouldn't be too hard). Atleast I will be able to work from the comforts of my home (really missing home right now).

This year a total of 1000 students were selected worldwide out of which 101 are from India and 8 from our college :)
Hope this number steadily keeps increasing (all the numbers may increase). Last year it was 3, last to last just 1. Atleast now its 8.

http://socghop.appspot.com/ Summer of Code Homepage

http://www.sip-communicator.org/
SIP Communicator Homepage

PS: Its not in any way an intern with Google. They wont even know me after giving out the payments.

1 comment:

  1. Ah .. I've got selected too ;) Working for Eclipse . Anyhow .. 8 people selected from your college ???!! That sounds great !
    Cheers ..
    Souvik

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments


Stats