Monday, December 24, 2007

Lead India

I dont really know much about the campaign of Times of India as I was not able to keep track of any of the round. I was also not that interested cause I have lost faith in voting by sms method(which I assume its using..I have no idea). Whatever but I do know what this campaign is all about. Am writing this post I just saw its ad on youtube and was really inspired.

The truth is that everyone of us complains about every aspect of administration even though if given a chance we would do nothing to help it(we includes myself also cause I am all the time complaining and havent yet done a bit to serve my country). Even when it comes to paying taxes we dont, when we can get off a fine by paying 50 Rs everyone of us do pay bribe. We may not be as bad as persons who take out crores of public money off the development schemes but we do contribute every bit to keep up that nature. Instead of stopping corruption we encourage it by paying bribes, saving taxes, travelling without tickets in trains and buses, throwing garbage anywhere etc. But the same set of persons always throw garbage in malls, never try to get away from parking ticket and also pay the entry fees as is applicable in some malls on holidays. We can and do blame the system by saying that there are no bins, there are long queues, no one checks the ticket and blah blah but the fact is we are as much of a culprit as government is.

Many of us dont pay taxes claiming that half of it goes to the corrupt administration. Agreed. My question is why cant we do anything against that corrupt administration? If you are too weak then pay the tax thinking that atleast half of it would be used for the development of the country. And the day you have courage to fight for the other half stand against the administration.

I am also guilty on every count except for taxes where I dont have any income. I pay 50 Rs to get off the hook for small counts, throw anything anywhere etc.

But time has come to change this or else there will be no hope left. A country is said to be politically stabalised on the basis of its middle class. But if the middle class doesnt awaken and remains dormant then the reigns of administration will always remain in the wrong hands. So its time for all of us to awaken and do our bit for the development of this country. And with independant judiciary and RTI available that should be no problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4kaHeu2CKQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments


Stats